TOP > Information on Invitation for Application
Information on Invitation for Application
Information on invitation for application
Applications will be accepted between August1,2018 and October1,2018
Guidelines for Application and application forms
Please download the following files and complete the forms.
Application forms should be written in Japanese or English.
Guidelines for Application
|Guidelines for Application|
|Intensive project||General Project||Intensive project||General Project|
|Grant Application Form／ Grant Application Notification Form|
|Income and Expenditure Budget for the Grant Eligible Project／Income Breakdown／Expenditure Breakdown|
Projects qualifying for the JEC Fund Grant
Projects suitable for commemorating the success of Expo '70 and matching the "aim of the Japan World Exposition" (※ 1) qualify for the JEC Fund Grant.
Projects contributing to international understanding
- (1) Projects contributing to international cultural exchange and enhancement of international goodwill
- (2) International projects in the fields of education and academic study
"Reference" Excerpt from the description of the "aim of the Japan World Exposition"
"……… the Japan World Exposition aimed at a spirit of the "harmonious development," which means that understanding and tolerance enable various civilizations to coexist in a polyphyletic manner around the world and that advancement should be found especially in such harmony of diversity. This was to bring the Eastern thought called "wa no kokoro (sprit of harmony)" back to modern society and then develop it as a new idea to connect the Eastern and Western worlds……"
Total projected grant amount for FY 2019
Approximately ¥92 million (Estimated total for projects in Japan and overseas)
(The grant money will be disbursed in Japanese yen.)
Upper limits of the JEC Fund Grant/span>
The amount of the JEC Fund Grant should account for less than three-quarters of the total project expenses applicable to the JEC Fund Grant, in principle. This means that each implementing organization is required to cover more than a quarter of the total project expenses with their own funds, excluding other public grants, etc.
Planned to provide grants of up to ¥10 million to a few projects. However, there may be no applicable projects based on the screening.
Planned to provide grants to tens of projects up to ¥3,000,000
(Whether the projects are adopted or not will be determined based on the screening.)
※ 1: The amount of grant applied for shall be at least ¥500,000.
※ 2: In the event the project expenses to be covered by the JEC Fund Grant are found to be less than the amounts on the application after project completion, the Grant amounts to be paid may be reduced. Any Grant less than ¥100,000 shall also not be paid.
Organizations eligible for the JEC Fund Grant
Eligibility for application is granted to foreign national governments, local governments, and other organizations carrying out projects contributing to public interest.
(1) It does not matter whether the applying organization has corporate status or not.
(2) Individuals and profit-making corporations cannot apply for the JEC Fund Grant.
(3) Any organization incapable of completing the project cannot apply for the JEC Fund Grant.
Acknowledgement of funding by the Association using the Expo '70 logo or other means
To indicate that the project has been carried out with funding by the Association, make sure to show an "Acknowledgement of funding by the Association" in at least one of the following listed as (1) to (3). If the acknowledgement is not shown without fair reason, the Association may reduce the amount of the grant money or withhold payment of the grant money.
- ① PR materials produced for the purpose of the project
(such as posters, programs and leaflets) and deliverables of the project
(such as reports, books, video footage, DVDs and CD-ROMs)
- ② Web pages
- ③ Information board (such as a signboard) of the project
The materials listed from (1) to (3) above bearing the acknowledgement of funding by the Association should be submitted to the Association, if possible. If not possible, send photos or the like that clearly show the acknowledgement, instead.
Coverage of the JEC Fund Grant
１．Project expenses to be covered by the JEC Fund Grant
The JEC Fund Grant will cover expenses that arise from April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020 directly necessary for the project that falls under the following categories:
- 1. Expenses incurred during the implementation of the Grant eligible project
- 2. Payments made for/expenses provided to persons other than the project implementing organization
*However, the following expenses shall not be covered by the Grant:
- 1. Routine operating expenses of the project implementing organization
- 2. Personnel expenses of the secretariat
- 3. Performance fee or reward to be paid to the project implementing organization
- 4. Food and drink, sightseeing and attraction expenses, special transportation charges (first class or business class airfare and Shinkansen bullet train first class (green) fare)
- 5. Expenses incurred by a person accompanying a participant, etc.
However, expenses incurred by an attendant to a disabled participant may be covered by the Grant.
- 6. Payments to an affiliated body of the project implementing organization (i.e., a co-hosting organization, a member organization of the executive committee, etc.)
*For some projects, the expense items to be covered by the Grant shall be specified at the time of the decision on the Grant's qualification.
Between April 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020
Number of applications permitted
Only one application (for one project) is allowed per implementing organization