TOP > Information on Invitation for Application
Information on Invitation for Application
Applications are no longer accepted.
Recruitment information for the next application (2025) will be posted around July 2024.
Information on invitation for application
Applications are no longer accepted.
Applications will be accepted between September 1 and 30, 2023
Projects qualifying for the JEC Fund Grant
Projects appropriate to commemorating the success of the Expo ’70 and contributing to public interest and international understanding qualify for the JEC Fund Grant.
Project contributing to international understanding
- (1) Project contributing to international cultural exchange or enhancement of international goodwill
・Project contributing to international cultural exchange
・Project contributing to international cooperation
- (2) International project in the field of education or academic study
・International project in the field of education
・International project in the field of academic study*2
Projects with either of the following themes are given preference in screening.
・To inherit and evolve the idea of Expo ’70 toward EXPO 2025 Osaka, Kansai, Japan (Expo 2025), resulting in the creation of values for a new era, and contribute to the success of Expo 2025
Total projected grant amount for FY 2024
Approximately \115 million (Estimated total for projects in Japan and overseas)
(The grant money will be disbursed in Japanese yen.)
Grant amount per project
Please apply for either (A) or (B) (You cannot apply for both.)
The grant amount should be no more than three-quarters of the total expenses of the grant eligible project. The maximum grant amount per project is as follows.
※1,000,000 yen or more（500,000 yen or more for International project in the field of academic study）
A few dozen projects will be selected for the grant.
(B)Multi-year project (up to two years)
¥15,000,000 in total (up to ¥10,000,000 per year)
A few projects will be selected for the grant. (No projects may be selected, depending on the screening.)
Organizations eligible for the JEC Fund Grant
Eligibility for application is granted to foreign national governments, local governments, and other organizations carrying out projects contributing to public interest.
(1) It does not matter whether the applying organization has corporate status or not.
(2) Individuals and profit-making corporations cannot apply for the JEC Fund Grant.
(3) Any organization incapable of completing the project cannot apply for the JEC Fund Grant.
Acknowledgement of funding by the Association using the Expo '70 logo or other means
To indicate that the project has been carried out with funding by the Association, make sure to show an "Acknowledgement of funding by the Association" in at least one of the following listed as (1) to (3). If the acknowledgement is not shown without fair reason, the Association may reduce the amount of the grant money or withhold payment of the grant money.
- ① PR materials produced for the purpose of the project
(such as posters, programs and leaflets) and deliverables of the project
(such as reports, books, video footage, DVDs and CD-ROMs)
- ② Web pages
- ③ Information board (such as a signboard) of the project
The materials listed from (1) to (3) above bearing the acknowledgement of funding by the Association should be submitted to the Association, if possible. If not possible, send photos or the like that clearly show the acknowledgement, instead.
Coverage of the JEC Fund Grant
１．Project expenses to be covered by the JEC Fund Grant
The JEC Fund Grant will cover expenses that directly necessary for the project that falls under the following categories:
- 1. Expenses incurred during the implementation of the Grant eligible project
- 2. Payments made for/expenses provided to persons other than the project implementing organization
*However, the following expenses shall not be covered by the Grant:
- 1. Routine operating expenses of the project implementing organization
- 2. Personnel expenses of the secretariat
- 3. Performance fee or reward to be paid to the project implementing organization
- 4. Food and drink, sightseeing and attraction expenses, special transportation charges (first class or business class airfare and Shinkansen bullet train first class (green) fare)
- 5. Expenses incurred by a person accompanying a participant, etc.
However, expenses incurred by an attendant to a disabled participant may be covered by the Grant.
- 6. Payments to an affiliated body of the project implementing organization (i.e., a co-hosting organization, a member organization of the executive committee, etc.)
*For some projects, the expense items to be covered by the Grant shall be specified at the time of the decision on the Grant's qualification.
Between April 1, 2024 and March 31, 2025
Between April 1, 2024 and March 31, 2026
Number of applications permitted
Only one application (for one project) is allowed per implementing organization