The National Museum of Ethnology "Minpaku" (06-6876-2151)
The National Museum of Ethnology (Minpaku) is a cultural anthropological research center and museum all in one. Its permanent exhibition consists of two categories: regional and cross-cultural. The regional exhibitions cover 9 regions of the world; and cross-cultural exhibitions consist of music and language. Visitors can enjoy viewing various world cultures. Special and temporary exhibitions with particular themes take place regularly.
"Voices from the Land, Visions of Life:
Beauty Created by Indigenous Peoples of Canada"
- Sep.10 (Thu.) ~ Dec.8 (Tue.)
- 830yen (Adults) / 450yen (Univ. & hi. sch. stus.) / 250yen (Jr. hi. & elmt. sch. stus.)
"The Universe of Braille: Celebrating Louis Braille's Bicentennial"
- Aug.13 (Thu.) ~ Nov.24 (Tue.).
- 420yen (Adults) / 250yen (Univ. & hi. sch. stus.) / 110yen (Jr. hi. & elmt. sch. stus.)
"Events: Minpaku Weekend Salon: A Chat with the Researchers"
14:30 ~ 15:30 (tbd)
*Please visit our website for details including Schedule.
- 10:00 ~ 17:00 (Entry by 16:30)
Wednesdays (Closed on Thursday if Wednesday is a holiday.), Dec.28 ~ Jan.4
15-min. walk from Osaka Monorail "Banpaku Kinen Koen" Stn., 15-min.
walk from "Nihon Teien mae" of the bus routes departing from Hankyu "Ibaraki-shi" Stn., JR "Ibaraki" Stn. or Kitaosaka Express Senri Chuo Stn.